As we continue to adapt during these unprecedented times, our Academy staff is working behind the scenes to ensure the safety and well-being of our members, industry partners, staff teams, and professional colleagues during Academy 2020 Nashville. We will continue to update these procedures on a regular basis as our plans develop.
We are working closely with Music City Center (MCC), our contracted hotels and Davidson County Health Services to implement sanitation procedures and other precautionary measures so all of our attendees can experience and enjoy the Academy spirit while keeping everyone healthy and well.
Beginning this year, the Academy will be utilizing RFID Technology for touch free badge scanning for entrance to all education sessions, workshops, exhibits, etc. In addition, below are some additional safety guidelines and procedures that will be implemented
New Safety and Sanitation Measures
Personal protective equipment:
- The Academy will provide masks to all attendees, volunteers and staff.
- Academy staff, volunteers and temporary personnel at registration will be required to wear gloves.
- All face to face counters including registration, education and information will have plexiglass sneeze guards installed for proper separation.
Cleaning and sanitizing:
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including registration desks, escalators, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles stair and escalator handrails.
- All meeting rooms, workshop rooms and education session rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- All audio-visual equipment will be wiped down before, after and in between sessions.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided in session rooms, meeting rooms and at various service counters.
- Restrooms will be closed and cleaned/disinfected every two hours.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be strategically placed throughout Music City Center that contain 70% isopropyl alcohol. Dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key contact areas such as reception areas, entrances, stairs, elevators and escalator landings in public spaces.
- Restroom lights, toilets, soap dispensers, water, and paper towel dispensers are all touch free.
- All meeting rooms, workshop rooms and education session rooms will be spaced according to city guidelines and health department requirements. Some education rooms will have one-way entrance access and one-way exit lanes.
- Reminder floor markings will be placed on floors to ensure 6 feet of space when standing in lines.
- Room capacities will be reduced to allow for proper spacing of chairs, tables, podiums, AV.
Hotel Safety Updates and Procedures
Find updated travel information and safety procedures put in place by each of the Academy’s contracted hotels by clicking the links below.
Cambria Hotel Nashville
Drury Plaza Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Nashville Downtown
Holiday Inn and Suites
Hyatt Place Nashville
Omni Nashville Hotel
The Westin Nashville